Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It's my favorite time of year!! The lights, the music, the smells, Christmas trees, Christmas decorations, family gatherings, baking cookies, taking the time to select a gift for the special people in our lives, playing Santa clause! I can't understand how some people dread this time of year. To me those people have forgotten the meaning of Christmas. I am not talking about the religious part, I'm talking about the time to spend with your family and loved ones. I understand for some it is stressful because times are hard, but believe me....we are affected just like everyone else but I simply ADORE Christmas! I put my Christmas tree up on November 10th! I LOVE it! I love driving around and looking at all the Christmas decorations and the pretty lights, I love going over to my husbands aunt & uncles house for dinner on Christmas eve, going to my mother and father in-laws for brunch on Christmas day, and then going to my parents house for a big Christmas Spaghetti Dinner. How is that not fun?! I love being Santa Clause now for our daughter also, it really is the most wonderful time of the year! It truly makes me sad for those who dread this holiday and wish that Christmas was only once every few years. I suppose there is nothing really I can do to change that, just hope that by some miracle one day that changes for them and that they can see the good and find happiness with just being around family and enjoying each others company.

Let the countdown to Christmas begin!!


Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.


"Christmas is for children. But it is for grownups too. Even if it is a headache, a chore, and nightmare, it is a period of necessary defrosting of chill and hide-bound hearts."

"Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas."

"I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month."

"Love the giver more than the gift."

"There is no ideal Christmas; only the one Christmas you decide to make as a reflection of your values, desires, affections, traditions."

"This is my wish for you: peace of mind, prosperity through the year, happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner, energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holidays!"

"I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph."
- Shirley Temple

0 comments: